John posted Trump’s rules… in summary:
- You have to be born with enough brainpower.
- Once you have that, you have to love what you’re doing. I’ve never seen anyone succeed who didn’t love what they were doing.
- You cannot stop. If there is a concrete wall in front of you, you have to go through it. You can never, ever give up or even think in terms of giving up.
- Confidence is a very important thing. But confidence isn’t something you just develop by saying “I’m going to do this or that.” You really have to believe it.
- I love pitting people against each other. My whole life is based on that. It brings out the best in people and the worst in people. If the worst comes out, you don’t want them working for you.
- You have to remain cool under fire and let criticism roll off you. Good leaders handle conflict easily and bad ones are eaten up by it.
- You must work well with others and be loyal to your team. Disloyalty is the worst of all traits. I seldom use the words “You’re fired!” in business, unless somebody is really scum and stole from me.