You know when you click on a PDF or MS Word, Excel file and it opens in the IE window? Yeah, I don’t like that. Seems so 1996 – “Let’s pretend like it is all part of the intarweb.”
Here’s how to disable that behavior.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader; Choose Edit, Preferences
- Select the Internet tab, click off Display PDF in browser.
- Close Acrobat Reader
- For Office apps: Open up any explorer window like My Computer.
- Go to Tools, Folder Options, click on File Types
- Browse to .Doc, .XLS, and .PPT, for each one select Advanced and click off Browse in same window.