Here’s how to play a fantastic team quarters game
- Buy a large quantity of domestic beer
- Get a large table, clear out all the chairs
- Pick two teams of around four people each on opposite sides of the table(tournament style play is ok for more than two teams, but single-elimination is recommended)
- Place eight cups in line parallel to the teams in the middle of the table.
- Fill the cups with approx 1/3 of a beer can
- Put a large pitcher in the middle of the line of cups
- Fill the pitcher with approx 1.5 cans of beer
- Procure two clean quarters (pre-fancy state quarters bounce better)
- Each team gets one quarter. At a starter’s signal players begin bouncing the quarter into any one of the small cups (not the pitcher yet)
- If the quarter goes in, the other team must select one person to drink the cup with the quarter at the bottom. Simultaneously, they must pass their quarter to the other team and they get to continue playing for other cups.
- Once a team has sunk four cups, they move on to the big pitcher. The team to get the quarter into the pitcher wins. The losing team must drink the pitcher.
Hints and rules:
- Every player gets two attempts, then they must pass the quarter
- The final pitcher drinking should be one person at a time and no repeat drinkers, which should leave an anchor member who must finish whatever his teammates leave for him
- If a quarter leaves the table, game-off until it is back in the hands of the players
- Between game toweling off of the table is recommended (beer zamboni)
- Speed is essential, lots of yelling will ensue