I’m working on my fantasy football draft in Excel. Part of the job is sourcing material by copying and pasting from web sites. But since the sites have links to the players detailed info, it makes working with them in Excel difficult. I needed to remove a bunch of hyperlinks at once and the stuff I tried didn’t work. Not one to ask for directions I reluctantly asked Excel’s help to point me right in the right direction. Here is what they suggest:
Deactivate several hyperlinks at once
- Type the number 1 in a blank cell, and right-click the cell.
- Click Copy on the shortcut menu.
- While pressing CTRL, select each hyperlink you want to deactivate.
- Click Paste Special on the Edit menu.
- Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.